Top 20 Search Engine Optimisation Basics for Websites:
What IS SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) now?
SEO has really changed in the last 3 years , after all Google’s Updates and changes to their algorithms.
Outdated SEO techniques CAN hurt your business on Google.
Here is a handy Checklist list of ‘Must Do’s” from Google themselves on the subject.
Correct SEO :
- Create unique, accurate Page titles
- Make use of the “description” Meta tag
- Improve your Site Structure
- Improve the structure of your URLs
- Make your site easier to navigate
- Optimise your Content ( eg articles, videos, images)
- Offer quality content and services
- Write better ‘anchor text’
- Optimize your use of images ( Do you know what ‘Alt Text’ is?)
- Use Heading tags appropriately
- Dealing with Crawlers
- Make effective use of robots.txt
- Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links
- SEO for Mobile Phones – It’s DIFFERENT!
- Notify Google of mobile sites
- Guide mobile users accurately
- Promotions and Analysis
- Promote your website in the right ways
- Make use of free webmaster tools ( now called ‘Search Console’
- Be VERY careful with Linking! For a Quote OR an SEO Site Review / help with fixing your site’s SEO – Call Maggie on 02 8033 5927 or Get Started here